Founded in 1972, Leadership Fort Worth leads through example in every aspect of modern life. Its more than 1700 members include today’s top leaders in business, government and civic life who demonstrate community trusteeship, a philosophy that says leaders must function as trustees, committing themselves to making their communities better places to live.
Leadership Class Information
- Providing Fort Worth with diverse and enlightened leadership
- Connecting established leaders to the diverse needs and issues in the community
- Enhancing community leadership capabilities through education, networking, creative thinking and strategic group processes
- Executives and senior managers who are decision makers
- Community volunteers at a leadership level
Selection Committee seeks individuals who…
- Have a record of achievement in community/civic activities
- Have demonstrated a concern for their community through active involvement
- Have undertaken a leadership role
(Note: We encourage younger candidates who do not have a record of community involvement to consider applying for the Leading Edge program. Applications will be accepted during the fall of 2013 for the Leading Edge Class of 2014 (January 2014 – June 2014. Click here to find more information about the Leading Edge Program)
- September through May
- Typically Thursdays, once a month
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
- A two-day retreat is scheduled at the beginning and end of the program which is mandatory.
- A limited number of partial scholarships are available based on need.
The Selection Committee is looking for applicants who:
- Are decision makers in professional and/or civic life.
- Have a record of achievement in community/civic activities indicating past and future leadership activity and ability. (Membership in professional organizations that are not involved in community service do not have major impact on selection. Membership in an organization whereby a fee is paid and no service is actually required has no impact.)
- If new to Fort Worth, please demonstrate record of civic involvement in previous community(ies)
- Possess high standards of personal quality and integrity.
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to facilitate change through personal leadership.
- Can and will commit the time required for the program.
- If employed, have the endorsement of their employer or indication the employer does not object to their taking time off from work for Leadership Fort Worth activities.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. NO exceptions. Do not enclose tuition payment with your application. The 2013-2014 Leadership Class will be announced the week of June 10, 2013.
CONTINUE TO ONLINE APPLICATION»